I finally have my wits about me to give you a quick run down of my first experience at the Burlesque Hall of Fame that happened last weekend in Las Vegas.
- This was a mighty exhausting but mind blowing experience.
- The acts that were great were phenomenal.
- The acts that were bad were down right terrible.
- Seeing Lou Lou D’vil’s award winning act and seeing her be crowned the 2013 reigning queen of burlesque was absolutely stunning/amazing/fantastic/surreal
- Seeing Ray Gunn perform and take the crown as king of burlesque moved me
- Seeing Roxi D’Lite perform her cyr wheel act just about blew my mind and I can’t function properly because of it. IT’S ALL I THINK ABOUT!!!
- Sharing the stage with my best friend in a touching and fucking bad ass tribute number to Sparkly Devil, along with Tigger! and Jo Boobs was also a surreal/fantastic/mind blowing experience. THANK YOU THANK YOU!
- Walking past Dita Von Teese and Catherine D’Lish backstage was just…I can’t form words to describe that surreal/awkward moment
It really feels surreal and I have moments of ” did that really just happen?”
I’m exhausted. My mind and my bank account are wiped but it was worth it. I learned so much. I saw so many people I look up to and got to hang out and party with amazing people that I am happy to call friends. Till next year!