I finally have my wits about me to give you a quick run down of my first experience at the Burlesque Hall of Fame that happened last weekend in Las Vegas.
- This was a mighty exhausting but mind blowing experience.
- The acts that were great were phenomenal.
- The acts that were bad were down right terrible.
- Seeing Lou Lou D’vil’s award winning act and seeing her be crowned the 2013 reigning queen of burlesque was absolutely stunning/amazing/fantastic/surreal
- Seeing Ray Gunn perform and take the crown as king of burlesque moved me
- Seeing Roxi D’Lite perform her cyr wheel act just about blew my mind and I can’t function properly because of it. IT’S ALL I THINK ABOUT!!!
- Sharing the stage with my best friend in a touching and fucking bad ass tribute number to Sparkly Devil, along with Tigger! and Jo Boobs was also a surreal/fantastic/mind blowing experience. THANK YOU THANK YOU!
- Walking past Dita Von Teese and Catherine D’Lish backstage was just…I can’t form words to describe that surreal/awkward moment
It really feels surreal and I have moments of ” did that really just happen?”
I’m exhausted. My mind and my bank account are wiped but it was worth it. I learned so much. I saw so many people I look up to and got to hang out and party with amazing people that I am happy to call friends. Till next year!
I survived the Show Me Burlesque and Vaudeville Festival in St, Louis. Them fuckers can throw down and know how to put on a show.
Right now I am furiously packing to jet off to Las Vegas for my first ever Burlesque Hall of Fame. I’m super stocked and I’m going with the best friends/guides/muses a showgirl could ask for, Kitty Irreverent and Holly Rebelle.
The best way to get a glimpse is to follow my twitters, Facebook and Instagram posts.
Oh look here they are!
Lots of shady shit from Show Me was posted on instagram and facebook, so you know, get on that.
Here’s some hashtags too: #bhof13 #burlesquehall #dirtyrottenshowgirls #shadyshit #whatwouldnomimalonedo #bestworstbehavior
I’m sure there will be others.
Stayed tuned for upcoming events in June. More classes.More shows. More cars. More hoes.